The Takeaway Points:
- If you want fun, amusement parks are probably a better bet than the gym.
- If you want results, gyms are probably a better bet than an amusement park.
- Sometimes trainers need to remember that there are a lot of people who dislike exercise.
- Fun is used when marketing workout programs to “keep you from getting bored”…as if you’d get bored with measurable changes every week.
- Sometimes exercise is not enjoyable, but it works.
- Avoid doing donuts in a parking lot when you have a trip to make.
- Set small goals to keep your mind focused on why you’re sweating in the first place.
- It’s up to you to figure out what you want.