The takeaway points:
- Everyone can learn something from somebody.
- Looks alone do not determine the proficiency, ability or skill level of a trainer.
- Looks may on the other hand give you an idea of the activities that trainer may participate in (and thus specialize in teaching).
- If you’re hiring a trainer to “kick your ass”, save your money and start a fistfight with strangers instead.
- If after a few sessions you realize that your personality and your trainer’s personality are not meshing, then consider a different trainer.